At All Ears Hearing, we believe in making things easy for our clients, which includes explaining how we protect your privacy.
- We will always keep your personal information safe and will never sell it to third parties.
- We will be clear and open with you about why we collect your personal information and how we use it.
- Where you have choices, we’ll explain them to you and respect your wishes.
- We hope you’ll find it clear and simple but if you have any concerns or questions please feel free to contact
The company collects certain information or data about you when you enquire about or make use of our services.
Enquiries we will collect some or all of the following:
- Your name, address and contact details including telephone number(s) and email address.
- General information pertaining to your needs and the reason for your enquiry such as current situation, general health and concerns specific to the nature of your enquiry.
- If someone books an appointment on your behalf we will ask them for basic details about you, which may include health details such as whether you have a family history of hearing loss. This is to ensure we book you in for the right type and length of appointment. We will confirm the accuracy of this information during your appointment.
For service users we collect some or all of the following in addition to what is stated above. We need it to be able to correctly and legally perform our function as hearing aid dispensers or wax removal:
- Personal information including your date of birth, gender, general state of health, current and historical illnesses and what medication you are taking.
- Information pertaining to the physical health and condition of your ears.
- Information pertaining to current and historical conditions specific of your ears and hearing such as, but not limited to: tinnitus, vertigo, ears infections, surgery.
- Audiometric data and allied test results.
- Hearing prescription.
- Hearing aid settings.
- Case notes pertaining to your ongoing care.
- In the case of wax removal: pre, post and during procedure video and still imagery.
Who’s in control of your information?
- All Ears Hearing is registered as ‘Data Controllers’ with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
- Details are published on a register on the ICO website where you can also find lots of useful information about Data Protection, what it means to you as an individual and how it applies to companies.
Keeping your data secure
- Sending information over the internet is generally not completely secure, and we can’t guarantee the security of your data while it’s in transit.
- Any data you send is at your own risk.
Disclosing your information
- We won’t share your information with any other organisations for marketing, market research or commercial purposes, and we don’t pass on your details to other websites.
- We may share your prescription details with hearing aid manufacturers in order to correctly fulfil your prescription. When you use our services, some of the information we collect may be about your health and include data from NHS bodies such as your GP or hospital.
- We may with your permission, share your details with other health professionals where certain conditions indicate it is in your best interests that we do so. We understand the sensitivity of this information and will only use it to provide you with these services and fulfil our legal obligations to the NHS or similar bodies.
Marketing and other Contact
- Only if you have told us that it’s OK to send you marketing, we may send you offers on new or existing products specific to your needs such as battery promotions supplementary or new technologies that would improve your hearing.
- As part of our duty of care, we will contact you using (one of) your preferred methods to advise you about upcoming appointments and when a regular scheduled or interim appointment has become due.
- We use your personal information to provide our products and services, respond to queries and comments and provide you with the best possible level of customer service. We may use it to contact you about orders you have placed, appointments you have booked or to send you.
Where your data is stored
- Basic Personal data such as contact details is stored on secure cloud servers. Only AEH has access to this information. It is never shared with any other organisation. We do not save or store any of your financial data or payment methods.
- Hearing test and hearing aid settings are stored in a non-web-based system called NOAH, that can only be accessed by licenced computers. Licences are only granted to HCPC registered companies or individuals within our profession.
Staying in control of your information
- You can find out what information we hold about you and ask us not to use any of the information we collect.
- We respect the fact that your personal information is your information, and we’ll make it easy for you to update or change your personal details or marketing permissions by using the email address below.
- Please help us to help you by letting us know if your contact details change or if you spot any errors in the information we hold about you.
- You can opt in or out of any of our contact formats by emailing the GDPR processor at